In 2003, I graduated from WWU's Fairhaven College with a self-designed BA in Cross-Cultural Awareness and Communication in the Field of Mental Health. I spent the next ten years working in retail in Bellingham and served on two United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW) contract negotiating committees to secure improvements to employee wage and benefit packages.
After returning to school part-time, I earned my post-baccalaureate certificate in Paralegal Studies from Whatcom Community College in 2012. I secured a position as an immigration paralegal before finishing my certificate program. I have served as a paralegal and office manager for Boundary Bay Law in Bellingham since the establishment of the firm in 2015.
- 2003 - B.A. in Cross Cultural Awareness and Communication in the Mental Health Field, Western Washington University, Fairhaven College
- 2012 - Paralegal Studies Post-Baccalaureate Certificate, Whatcom Community College
- City of Ferndale Planning Commissioner
- Whatcom Council of Governments Citizens Transportation Advisory Group (CTAG) Ferndale representative
- Ferndale Auxiliary Communications Service (ACS) member
- Whatcom Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) member
- Ferndale Youth Emergency Services (YES) Club Coordinator
- Ferndale Emergency Resource Network (FERN) founding member
- Ferndale School Bond Task Force member
- Support Ferndale Schools Committee member